Prep: 20 mins Cooking: 25 mins Serves: 20 Skill level: Capable Cooks
What you'll need:
- 1 packet SunPork BBQ Pulled Pork
- 2 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- ½ cup pineapple, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. White sugar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- ½ brown onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, diced
- 1 tsp. ginger, diced
- ½ red capsicum, finely diced
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- 500g self raising flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ lukewarm water
How to make it:
- Add vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and ginger for 2 mins.
- Add tomato sauce, pineapple juice, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, capsicum, pineapple pieces and cornflour. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add pulled pork to sauce and coat. Set aside to cool.
- To make the dough, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dough, add vegetable oil and water to bring the dough together. If dough is to dry add some more water.
- Roll dough into a thick sausage and cut into 1.5cm slices. Flatter each slice with a rolling pin.
- Place a spoonful of pork mixture in the middle and pinch the edges of the disc and then bring together so that the filling is enclosed.
- Place steamer basket over a saucepan. Add 3-4 buns at a time and steam for 20 mins.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!