Prep: 20 mins Cooking: 3-10 days Serves: 10 Skill level: Easy
What you'll need:
- 1 SunPork German Style Pork Knuckle
- 1 whole white cabbage
- 1 ½ Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 mason jar with air tight lid
How to make it:
- Thinly slice cabbage and place into bowl.
- Add salt to cabbage and using your hands, rub the salt into the cabbage for 10mins.
- Add water and continue to rub salt and squeeze juices from cabbage until cabbage has softened and there is a small layer of juice formed at the bottom of the bowl.
- Place a small amount of cabbage into a mason jar.
- Using a wooden spoon, press the cabbage to flatten to ensure that all the air has been removed.
- Continue to add more cabbage and press out the air until the jar is full.
- Pour over remaining cabbage juices and close jar with lid.
- Leave to ferment for 3 – 10 days.
- Cook SunPork German Knuckle according to packet instructions.
- Serve Knuckle immediately with homemade sauerkraut.