Prep: 20 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
We’ve put together a delicious glazing recipe to help make your Christmas Ham truly special! All you need is a Sunpork 3kg ½ leg ham.
What you'll need:
- 175g fine-cut orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup (125ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 firmly packed cup (63g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) orange juice or apple juice
- 1 tsp allspice
- Cloves (optional for decoration)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- In a saucepan, combine all glazing ingredients and bring to a simmer over a medium/high heat.
- Simmer, stirring continuously until small foamy white bubbles start to appear on the surface and the glaze starts to thicken (no more than 10 minutes).
- Pour 1/2 the glaze over the ham and cook uncovered for 1 hour and 30 minutes, basting every 20 minutes with remaining glaze. Be sure to keep your reserved glaze in the saucepan as you may need to warm it as you go.
- Merry Christmas and Enjoy!