2kg SunPork diced pork (we used shoulder)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 cup honey
1/2 tsp. dried red chilli flakes
1 tsp. sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
rocket, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.
- In a large oven-safe baking dish, gently toss the pork with salt, pepper, onion, and olive oil.
- Cover the dish with alfoil and bake for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, stir together the honey, dried red chili flakes, and garlic.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the honey and garlic mixture and stir to coat pork bites.
*There will be a lot of liquid in the pan – do not drain!
- Bake for 30 mins, uncovered.
- Remove the dish from the oven again, add the sesame seeds, stir, and return to the oven for 30 mins.
- To serve place a handful of rocket in a bowl then top with pork bites and sprinkle with sesame seeds.