Valentine’s Day is this Sunday, and what better way to celebrate than with a romantic, home-cooked candle lit dinner? This might sound a little daunting at first – but with Sunpork’s seriously tender range of succulent Pork steaks – you can create a fantastic meal that looks restaurant quality, without any of the fuss!
We’ve created two quick and simple recipes that will get you in the good book’s this Valentine’s Day!
Garlic and Chive Pork Porterhouse with Char Grilled Vegetable Salad
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Pack Sunpork Pork Porterhouse Steaks (cooked as per pack instructions)
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 zucchini
- 1 fresh capsicum
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
How to Make It:
- Use a potato peeler to shave long thin strips from an unpeeled zucchini
- Thinly slice a small golden sweet potato and cut 1 - 2 red capsicums into strips
- Brush lightly with olive oil and cook on a ribbed grill until tender, with browned bar marks showing.
- Season with salt, pepper and finely chopped thyme or basil.
- Create a dressing with olive oil and balsamic vinegar or pomegranate molasses, and toss through the vegetables
Serve Sunpork’s Porterhouse steak on a bed of char grilled vegetable salad with a sprinkle of chopped pistachios and fresh thyme leaves scattered on top.
Pork Mignon with Herb and Garlic Centre & Creamy Mash
- 1 Pack Sunpork Pork Mignon’s with Herb and Garlic Butter
- 2 small potatoes,
- ½ a cauliflower
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
How to Make It:
- Dice cauliflower and potatoes then steam until tender
- In a large bowl, add cooked vegetables, milk and salt and pepper to taste, then blend until smooth using a handheld mixer or potato masher.
- If you’re feeling creative, add chopped herbs or ½ tsp minced garlic – delicious!
To balance the meal, serve Sunpork Mignon on a bed of creamy mash with your favourite green vegetables layered underneath. Try steamed asparagus or broccolini tossed with a squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Happy Valentine’s Day from Sunpork!