Make the most of this year’s Chinese New Year Celebrations with this quick and easy recipe the whole family will love.
San Choy Bow is always a favourite dish when dining at a Chinese restaurant, but you don’t have to head out to delight in this delicious combination of fresh, crispy lettuce, fragrant beef and crunchy water chestnuts.
Featuring our Sunpork Shredded Beef (or Pork), you can easily recreate this dish at home.
Although there are a few ingredients here, don’t be afraid! It’s extremely simple to make, and very easy to approach at your own pace.
Serves 4 - 5
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Packs Sunpork Shredded Beef or Pork
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbs minced ginger
- 4 sliced spring onions
- 230 g can water chestnuts roughly chopped
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 iceberg lettuce trimmed washed
How to Make it:
- Heat oils in a pan on medium heat. Add in the garlic, ginger and spring onions, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Sunpork Shredded Beef or Pork and stir until heated through.
- Add water chestnuts, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sherry. Simmer for 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, add optional coriander and mix.
- Serve in lettuce cups.