Eating pork during Chinese New Year isn’t just about how delicious it may taste as part of your celebratory feast. Pigs are known to root ahead as they eat, as opposed to the backwards scratching of chickens and turkeys, and so are considered a symbol of progress in Chinese culture. Pork in Chinese culture also symbolises strength, wealth and abundant blessings.
These Chinese BBQ Pork Baguettes are the perfect dish to add to the menu, and Sunpork’s Pork Roast in Chinese BBQ sauce is quick and easy to prepare so you can have these on the table in no time!
(recipe adapted from delicious.com.au)
What you'll need
- 1 pack Sunpork Pork Roast in Chinese BBQ Sauce
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Sweet Chilli Sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup (75g) mayonnaise
- 4 short baguettes
- 1 cup coriander leaves (optional)
- Salad leaves of your choice (try watercress or baby spinach)
How to make them
- Prepare Sunpork Pork Roast in Chinese BBQ Sauce as per pack instructions
- Combine optional sweet chill sauce and mayonnaise in a bowl and set aside.
- Lightly toast the baguettes if desired. Fill with slices of hot Sunpork Roast Pork in Chinese BBQ Sauce and top with coriander, salad leaves and a little carrot, cucumber and spring onion.
- Drizzle with the chilli mayonnaise and close each baguette – Happy Chinese New Year!