Whip up a classic Chilli in half the time with Sunpork’s Shredded Beef! This recipe will serve 4 very hungry people, but let’s face it – who doesn’t love leftover chilli for lunch? This is a great base for experimentation, so you can always add extra chilli if you like it hot, or toss through a few extra vegetables for something different.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Packs of Sunpork Shredded Beef (broken into small pieces)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium brown onions, finely sliced
- 2 medium red capsicums, chopped
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of chilli powder (to taste)
- 800g can of chopped tomatoes
- 400g can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
How to make it:
- Over medium heat, heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onions, capsicums and garlic. Fry for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add chilli powder. Continue cooking, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant
- Add tomatoes and 1 cup of cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Add Sunpork Shredded Beef and the beans. Increase heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes or until heated through and sauce has thickened. Enjoy!
Serve with optional pickled jalapeno chillies, light sour cream, coriander leaves and grated light tasty cheese.