Prep: 15 mins + 2 hrs Cooking: 1 hr Serves: 8 Skill Level: Cooks
What you'll need:
- 1 SunPork American Style Pork Roast
- 500g elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 500g grated Cheddar
- 500g smoked Gouda
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups bread crumbs
How to make it:
- Cook SunPork American Style Pork Roast according to packet instructions.
- Cook macaroni according to packet instructions.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium to high heat. Sprinkle the flour into the butter and whisk until combine.
- Slowly whisk the milk into the flour mixture and cook until the sauce has thickened (approximately 2 mins). Add both cheeses and stir until melted and smooth.
- Fold through the cooked macaroni and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour macaroni into a shallow pan and refrigerate until cold (approximately 2 hours).
- In asmall bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth. Place breadcrumbs into a separate small bowl.
- Remove macaroni from fridge and shape into small golf ball sized balls.
- Dip each ball into the beaten egg and then cover with breadcrumbs.
- Heat deep fryer to 190°C and drop balls into the oil. Cook until golden and crunchy.
- Serve with American BBQ Pork Roast.