1. In a large pan over medium heat, cook ham until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside. Meanwhile, bring chicken stock to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
2. In the same large pan, melt butter. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender. Add rice and stir constantly until rice appears translucent.
3. Add white wine and cook until liquid has evaporated. Add 1 cup of hot broth and stir until absorbed. Continue this process until rice is tender and mixture is creamy.
4. Add mozzarella, parmesan, crisp ham, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside to completely cool.
5. Meanwhile place panko crumbs in a bowl. Place whisked egg in a separate bowl.
6. Form small balls from the risotto mixture, dip in the egg and then cover with panko crumbs.
7. Place in deep fryer until golden and crisp.
8. Serve with tomato relish and enjoy!